The online marketing executive is responsible for carrying out all aspects of online marketing through a range of different digital media.
Duties of an online marketing executive include:
- Collate and report back monthly on performance statistics for all digital communications across all channels, using these statistics to influence future digital activity.
- With the rest of the Marketing Communications team act as a brand guardian in terms of look and feel of online communications as well as tone of voice of copy.
- Overseeing PPC campaigns monitoring their performance and return on investment.
- Writing informative and effective search engine optimized copy for the website and external blog postings.
- Using the CRM to increase online marketing opportunities.
- Managing the company’s email marketing campaigns.
- Monitoring return on investment for the different online marketing campaigns.
- Managing the organizations Social Media accounts ensuring all copy is relevant for the different platforms.
- Managing the content diary for social media content.
- Keeping up to date with changes and advances in social media and advising on new channels and approaches to adopt.
- Monitoring social media for company mentions and engaging with customers where relevant.
The ideal background of an online marketing executive:
- Previous online marketing experience ideally from the same or similar industry.
- Degree educated with a minimum of a 2.1 in a relevant degree.
- A CIM qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of HTML coding and Photoshop would be an advantage.
- Analytical and proactive approach to online marketing.